Are you ready for the NingXia Red Challenge?
What?! You don’t know what NingXia Red is? Well, this is a quick definition of NingXia Red: NingXia Red is a powerful antioxidant drink that contains whole Ningxia wolfberry puree—a super blend of blueberry, aronia, cherry, pomegranate, and plum juices, natural stevia extract, grape seed extract, pure vanilla extract, and orange, yuzu, lemon, and tangerine essential oils.
I am taking this challenge this month. So, what is the challenge?
- Drink NingXia Red every day.
- Study, Research, Dig in and find out all you can about NingXia Red.
Well, the first one is easy for me. I already drink NingXia Red every day. It is so good. Now, the second one will be more difficult for me. I will have to discipline myself to study about this drink every day. I’ve already begun studying and I am learning so much.
In the definition, the wolfberry is the first ingredient. The wolfberry, or goji berry is grown in the Ningxia province of China. This province is called an autonomous province because it is too undeveloped or underpopulated to be a real province. In this autonomous province grow the best wolfberries in the world.
A significant part of the Ningxia economy revolves around the red wolfberry. Here you see trays of them drying in the sun. A Chinese medical book from 2200 years ago recommends wolfberries, also known as “goji” berries, for strengthening vital organs. The Chinese national Xinhua news agency reports that of the 80 varieties of wolfberry, the type with the best medicinal qualities come from Ningxia.
In the mid-1990s Western health food “discovered” this source and in 1996 Ningxia wolfberries began to be imported into the United States in commercially significant quantities. The claim of the health experts is that the wolfberry has ten times the anti-oxidant qualities of blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries; more beta carotene than chicken liver, carrots, and carrots; and more calcium than spinach.
So what are the benefits to the wolfberry?
The wolfberry benefits are amazing! They provide a natural source of calcium and magnesium, Vitamin B, antioxidants and more.
What are the Benefits of NingXia Red Wolfberry Juice?
- Fantastic taste with no “junk-juice” (e.g., apple, white grape, pear, etc.) or added sugar.
- Contains a great whole food source of protein, fiber, minerals and vitamins.
- Contains therapeutic grade essential oils of yuzu, lemon, tangerine and orange.
- Contains natural antioxidants which protect the body against free radicals. It is free radicals that create cell oxidation; therefore Ningxia Red may help prevent against oxidative stress.
- Highest levels of naturally occurring, age defying S-ORAC activity. Studies have shown that S-ORAC supports cardiovascular health, supports healthy immune function and supports healthy eye function.
- May support natural detoxing process on a daily basis.
- Natural form of energy without sugar, caffeine or other artificial stimulants.
- Can be used to support animal wellness. Assists cats metabolize essential oils more efficiently.
- Only 20 calories per 1 ounce serving! 0 grams of Fat; 5 grams of Total Carbohydrates; 2 grams of Sugar; and <5 mg of Sodium.
- Halal and Kosher certified in 750ml bottles!
Well, let’s stop here and I will come back next week with more information on this. If you have questions, please post them in the comments. I will try to find the answers and post the answers for you.