Today’s oil is Purification! Purification has very powerful antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal and sanitizing properties. This will be one of the first “blends” we will look at.
Purification is a blend of 6 different oils:
- Citronella: antiseptic, antibacterial, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, deodorizing, insecticidal, purifying and sanitizing.
- Lemongrass: vasodilatory*, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and sedative! May help improve circulation, stimulate the lymphatic system, and lift the spirit!
- Rosemary cineol: antiseptic and anti-infectious, may help reduce mental fatigue and improve circulation.
- Melaleuca: antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, antiseptic, antiviral, and immune-stimulant. Acts as a blood detoxifier.
- Lavandin: antifungal, antibacterial, antiseptic and tissue regenerator.
- Myrtle: antiseptic, antibacterial. Serves as a respiratory decongestant and expectorant.
So How Do You Use It?
- Eliminating odors: One good thing to do with purification is diffuse it. The Premium Starter Kit comes with a great diffuser. You can make a homemade “Febreeze” spray—1 part witch hazel to 3 parts distilled water and 5 drops of purification combined in a spray bottle. This mixture will get rid of the scent of urine, sweat, mildew, pet odor- you name it! You can also put a couple of drops on a damp sock or cloth when running the dryer to get rid of any odor in the laundry. Put a drop in the inside of your toilet paper roll to give the bathroom a nice scent every time the toilet paper gets used!
- Insect repellant/bug bites: Because this blend contains citronella and lemongrass, it’s an excellent insect repellant. You can combine it with some witch hazel and distilled water in a spray bottle and it will keep the bugs away! However, if you forget to use it and you do get bitten, purification is excellent for taking the sting out of bites of all kinds, and preventing them from getting infected!
- Skincare: purification works wonders as a spot treatment for acne! You can just apply it topically on the affected area and watch your blemishes disappear overnight.
Again, there are SO many ways to use this blend. However, when you get your Premium Starter Kit and start using your oils, you’ll find so many more ways to use it.
The next oil we’ll be covering is Peace and Calming and it’s a great one! Don’t miss it!
*Vasodilatory is an agent that can widen blood vessels, which in turn decreases resistance to blood flow and can lowers blood pressure.